I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Sample Essay-Growing Up

ll through life most people just cannot wait for the chance to become a "grown up . Anticipating the chance to have more fun and more opportunities to do things that were always looked upon as being mature and cool. After long hours of contemplating what I should choose as my personal statement in order to gain admission to (name of college or university) I decided on the one thing that I have wanted to hurry up and happen but now wish would slow down just a little bit ¦ Growing Up.
I look back at a time of being 5 years old and dressing up in my mother's clothes in order to feel like a grown movie star. With high heels that were too big and a dress with a waistline that came down to my toes I always thought that being a grown up would not come soon enough. The many years of playing house and pretending to be a mom I never knew that my childhood would end so quickly. I still remember arguing with my mom and dad because I was not allowed to cross the street alone and I thought that was a "little kid  rule. Now I still wish that I could have such simple rules back just to drain the last bit of being a kid out of my life before moving on to harsher rules in a much more ruthless world.
Looking back on the last couple of years of my life I realized that with growing up comes a lot of responsibilities and things that I would have never imagined as a young child. Watching TV I thought being a "teenager  would just be dealing with zits and who had which outfit or which boyfriend that week. But as I grew into my teen years I learned that TV doesn't always show what is really coming. From being faced with the pressure to drink and do a variety of drugs to a friend committing suicide growing into an adult was much more than I had bargained for.
Also I realized that the one thing I longed for as a child, and it seemed like it would never come, came entirely to fast. I look back at my fres.....

No comments:

Post a Comment